To start off, I want to be completely honest by saying I’ve never been a person to follow a strict skincare regime. I’m of Italian descent so my olive skin has always treated me well and I’m not going to lie, I’ve taken full advantage of this. Even in my 30’s I will still go to sleep with makeup on and I frequently forget to cleanse my face. I’ve never had an acne issue nor did I have pimples as a teen so I continued into my 20’s and now 30’s having this awful skincare routine, or the lack there-of. I typically rely on my bi-monthly facials to fully cleanse my skin and I’ve even done a couple of peels as well. Of course now getting older, all of my girlfriends have a specific brand they use and my mother is a beauty guru with 100 steps she takes each night so I naturally want to follow in her footsteps. As a woman in her 60’s with hardly any wrinkles, mom definitely knows best! Because of this, I decided it’s finally time I started to take care of my skin! I realize I’m getting older and after just celebrating my 34th birthday, I want to make sure I look no older than 28 for the next decade…wishful thinking, but with Saranghae I definitely have a chance!
Saranghae, which means “I love you” in Korean, is a 5 Step process made specifically for women and designed to “Heal, Regenerate, and Protect”. Within the first day of using, your skin automatically feels repaired, hydrated, and replenished. After using the product and cleansing my face consistently, I was able to feel the difference of how much better my face felt that it could breathe vs. keeping makeup on at night. I feel my face has also gotten tighter, yet feels softer at the same time.
Saranghae offers many bundles but the most popular is the 5 Step process for only $159, which is a great price for all of the product you receive in comparison to many other leading brands which prices are more like $300-500. You also have the option of choosing between two smaller bundles at $119 per bundle, or each individual item for $39-59, depending on the product. These are the five products I’ve been using:
1. Saranghae Nourishing & Moisturizing Oil + Foam Cleanser with Truffle Extract & G old- What I love about this cleanser the most is that it’s also a makeup remover. Many people don’t know, but most cleansers do not have the formulas to also effectively take your makeup off. I do want to note that you initially put this on without water, and let the cleanser work into the skin first, then you add water so it foams. This allows the cleanser to work deeply to remove oils, dirt, and toxins directly, before washing out. I also love the gold flecks you can visibly see in this, makes you feel like a queen made of gold, literally!
2. Saranghae Deep Radiance Essence + Serum- Made of 10% Phellinus Linteus (Sang Hwang) mushroom extract, this serum is designed to bring vitamins and antioxidants back to your skin. I’ve used a lot of serums before and to be honest, many of them end up drying your face out to make your skin tighter, but this serum was able to accomplish both hydration and the feeling of firm elasticity. My favorite part about this product though is the smell. It smells amazing! Like a garden full of citrus trees.
3. Saranghae Firm and Lift Cellular Regeneration Cream- One of the most powerful items they carry, there really is not much this cream can’t do! It’s goal is to make you look younger by reducing fine lines and wrinkles, minimize age spots, and strengthen the collagen in your skin. This is very essential and if you could only afford 1 item, I would suggest this item over any other.
4. Saranghae Focus Renewal Eye Cream- Very similar to the Firm and Lift Cream, the eye cream focuses on reducing fine lines and wrinkles, but also works to reduce dark circles and create brightness around your eyes. After using this product for even a couple of days I saw a difference! As I use eye liner, I was immediately able to tell that the skin around my eye has gotten tighter as it’s been easier for the liner to glide over the lid. I also want to add that I used this product a bit liberally a couple of times and it never irritaded my eyes. Lastly, I also cried while wearing this (because of a TV show, don’t worry) and my eyes were still not irritated at all.
5. Saranghae Elemental Essence Mask- I’ve posted about this mask now twice on my Instagram stories because I love it so much. It’s meant to be a relaxing mask that you keep on for 15-20 minutes, but I feel like its so much more! The first time I used the mask I was hungover, with a headache, and the coolness feeling mixed with the antioxidants soaking into your skin, it makes you feel 100% better! It’s also meant to relieve redness and inflammation due to stress or fatigue so no wonder it’s a perfect cure! It’s also designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines so it makes you look younger at the same time, double win!
I’m so excited to be taking care of my skin, and even more excited to be seeing results with this line of Saranghae products! Let me know if you’ve tried Saranghae or what your favorite skin care products are in the comments below!